10 Reasons to Get Married in Puerto Vallarta
If you are dreaming of a Puerto Vallarta wedding, but are wondering whether it’s the right option for you, you’ve come to the right place. Maybe we’re biased, but if you ask us, a destination wedding in Puerto Vallarta with a Mexico honeymoon is always a good idea!
Check out this list of top reasons to have your wedding in Puerto Vallarta, including romantic Mexico honeymoon ideas and the best food to try while staying here. Then, check out Las Caletas and Majahuitas—our exclusive and intimate Puerto Vallarta wedding venues, for more information on how to make your big day a dream come true.
1. Puerto Vallarta Wedding Venues are Amazing
You won’t find a more beautiful location than our Puerto Vallarta wedding venues. Listen to the melodic waves gently lapping against the shore, feel the soft white sand between your toes, and say “I do” with a stunning sunset in view.
When you plan a wedding with Adventure Weddings, you have three breathtaking beaches to choose from. You can get married in Las Caletas or Majahuitas both of which offer seclusion and intimacy for your oceanside ceremony. Let the top wedding planners in Mexico make arrangements for you and help you bring your destination wedding dreams to life. We’ll do the heavy lifting so you can enjoy your wedding day without worrying about the organizational details.
2. Direct Flights
Currently, there are 16 direct flights from Canada, 16 from the US, and even a couple from the UK! The convenient transportation to your destination wedding in Puerto Vallarta will have you relaxing before you even get to Mexico.
From North America, you can enjoy direct flights to Puerto Vallarta from Los Angeles, San Francisco, Dallas, Houston, Chicago, Phoenix, Calgary, Vancouver and Toronto, among others. With such easy access from major cities and relatively short flight times, it’s no wonder Puerto Vallarta is the perfect place to kick back and relax.
3. Authentic Mexican Culture
Another benefit of a Puerto Vallarta wedding is the opportunity to immerse yourself in rich and authentic Mexican culture before the wedding and after during your Mexico honeymoon. One of the best ways to see and learn as much as you can during your stay is by signing up for a cultural tour with Vallarta Adventures.
There are several tours to choose from, including Hidden Mexico, which takes you along the south coast of Puerto Vallarta and to the town of El Tuito. You’ll get to visit a botanical garden, view ancient petroglyphs, and stop for a tasty lunch, which you can eat under the trees with your feet in the cool water of a creek. While you feast on artisan bread that was cooked in a hillside oven, your guide will entertain you with local legends about the pre-Hispanic inhabitants of the area.
4. Rich Gastronomy and the Freshest Seafood
Puerto Vallarta is a great place to experience delicious and authentic Mexican cuisine, including fresh local seafood. There are abundant options available straight from the Pacific Ocean including local shrimp, tuna, marlin, oysters, octopus, and more.
Expand your tastebuds by trying the local fish tacos, shrimp aguachile, seared tuna, grilled octopus, shrimp quesadillas, seafood paella, pescado zarandeado, and so much more. And don’t forget to save some space for the great local churros, tequila, and mezcal!
5. Incredible Sunsets
The sunsets in Puerto Vallarta are unlike any you’ve seen before. Get the best view of the sun falling behind the Pacific Ocean, surrounded by the skyline of the city and the Sierra Madre Mountains by embarking out onto the water. Board a luxury catamaran and enjoy the spectacular view, plus drinks and hors d’oeuvres, on the Luxury Sunset Sailing tour.
6. Charming Puerto Vallarta Boardwalk
The Puerto Vallarta Boardwalk, also known as the Malecon Boardwalk, is a great place for a stroll and some quality entertainment. Check out the vendors, street artists, sand sculptures, and music, or stop at one of the many restaurants for a bite to eat. This is also a great place to shop for souvenirs and interact with the friendly locals, some selling handmade crafts and other items, some simply out for a stroll and looking for good conversation. If you don’t go sailing, this is another great spot to watch the sunset.
7. Professional Golf Courses
Puerto Vallarta has not one, not two, but SEVEN incredible golf courses designed by the pros, so make sure to play a round or two if you can. Check out the Vista Vallarta Golf Club, where you’ll find The Nicklaus Course and The Weiskopf Course, or the Marina Vallarta Golf Club. If you want to head just a little further, there are several other great options in Nayarit.
8. Fun & Exciting Night-Life
Mexico has a reputation for fabulous fiestas, so make sure you packed your dancing shoes for your Mexico honeymoon. Puerto Vallarta has something for everyone with coffee shops, live music on the boardwalk, bars and nightclubs, sunset sailing, water sports, and fireworks. Take a romantic walk on the beach, cuddle up on a balcony with a view, or hit the hot spots and party!
9. Great Spots for Shopping
Shoppers and souvenir-seekers will definitely want to take a few hours and visit Sayulita, a local beach town famous for surfing, shopping, and its bohemian atmosphere. Enjoy the music playing as you wander down the streets and in and out of shops, relax on the beach with a drink or a colorful umbrella, try surfing, or snack on fish tacos and ice cream.
10. Exciting Activities for Your Mexico Honeymoon
Last, but not least, the best reason (aside from a gorgeous ceremony) to have your destination wedding in Puerto Vallarta is the multitude of romantic Mexico honeymoon destinations and adventures in the area. The hardest part will be deciding which one(s) you want to see most.
- Marieta Islands Hidden Beach Tour – During Winter months, watch for humpback whales and dolphins while boating to this secret iconic beach. Start your life together with a walk on “Lover’s Beach,” also known as Playa del Amor, and learn about the efforts to preserve the natural beauty and ecosystems of Marietas National Park.
- Las Caletas Beach Hideaway – Accessible only by boat and surrounded by tropical forest, Las Caletas Beach Hideaway is a secluded beach club perfect to have fun and relax. Your day at this paradisiac place includes a delicious buffet lunch plus unlimited open bar; and you can also kayak, snorkel or paddleboard together. Try mezcal tasting, cooking classes, have a couples massage or just relax on a hammock with your new spouse.
- Outdoor Zipline Adventure – Your Mexico honeymoon can be full of adventure with this adrenaline-infused tour. Zipline, rappel, ride in a speedboat and an all-terrain truck, slide down waterslides, take a canopy tour with hanging bridges, and ride a mule.
- And more! – Vallarta Adventures has tours for every type of honeymooner. You can even learn how to scuba dive or join us on one of our many tropical dives. Check out all the tours available for honeymoon fun!
Contact Adventure Weddings
Contact us at Adventure Weddings to save the date for your destination wedding in Puerto Vallarta. Let’s get started planning your perfect wedding and romantic tropical honeymoon in Mexico!